Well, I finally put Vista Ultimate on one of my computers, and I have to say (for the most part) I do like it.
It’s just like everyone said, XP with a New Skin. But there are some interesting features that make you go “Hey! That’s cool!”
I’m working on a full review of Vista, that I don’t know when I plan on releasing, but so far this is what I have come up with in a nutshell:
- Vista seems to run really nice and secure, and the Windows Defender actually works
- Lots of new programs -> Windows DVD Maker, Windows Meeting Place, BitLocker, etc!
- New Skin, Aero, very nice!
- Windows Sidebar actually is very useful
- Pretty to the eye – Lots of Candy for your pleasure!
- Networking functionality is absolutely awesome
- Windows Internet Explorer runs dominant,
- No different commands…XP Version 2? (This can also kinda-sorta be a good thing)
- Too many Mac OS X copied features…
- OneCare…sucks….end of story
- Sound Cards….What? (I’ll explain later)
- Vista…dumb name
Although I could go on and on with The Good and The Bad of Windows Vista, I decided to keep them even..